Friday, April 27, 2012

Daredevil Month bonus content: Elektra (The Hand & The Devil)

  Just as Daredevil '83 was our foreplay for Daredevil month, Elektra (The Hand & The Devil) is our lubing up for the Elektra movie.  This one took a few tries to watch but I'm glad I gave it the several chances.  The main stopping point for me was Bullseye, the actor's got the swagger but not the acting chops.  Don't get me wrong, acting is hard, it's not an easy thing to do so I give credit where credit is due but his performance does little for me.  Kim Santiago as Elektra does good in the role and makes an admittedly ridiculous costume look good.  Plus she looks way more Greek than freaking Jennifer Garner.  The opening fight is well choreographed and taken from the comics, which isn't a bad thing at all, and the fight with Daredevil is well choreographed as well.

This comes before Daredevil '83 as far as production date but the Daredevil costume is, in my opinion, so much better than the one featured in '83.  However we have a different person playing Daredevil, which may explain it.  He does good but if I have to choose between Adam Shorsten (this short's Daredevil) or Nick Grock ('83's Daredevil) I'm taking Nick Grock.  That being said Adam Shorsten's got SKILLS.  SKILLS that pay bills son.  He does a series of flips that look pretty impressive.  I can't say why I like Grock better but I do, I found him instantly likable in the role and he quickly became my go to Daredevil.  But if we could take Shorsten's atheletic prowess and give them to Grock, why, we'd create a damn near perfect Daredevil.  The usual strengths are present here, soundtrack and cinematography.  Also I was surprised by the Marvel style comic book open, nice touch.  Check it out.  Since there's nothing extra to add there'll be no jump, just the usual Blinky website link and IMDB.

Blinky Productions

Elektra (The Hand & The Devil) IMDB

No comments:

Post a Comment