Friday, February 1, 2013

Friday's with Blinky: Blue Beetle PSA

  This week is a quickie.  This weeks has been busy at work and I'm dealing with health stuff but this year my goal is to not miss a feature or at least miss as few as possible.  So this week is the result of a compromise, I picked something short.

  But, just like I say to the ladies, don't let it's length fool you, it's just as good as something longer and will still leave you satisfied.

  This week I picked something from Blinky500 to show support for the Deadpool Webseries as well as the Save One to Save Many campaign.  So we get one of my most favorite teams ever in Blue and Gold (Blue Beetle and Booster Gold) giving a PSA about smoking.  I can't really find who's playing Booster but Beetle is played by Chris .R. Notarile and they both do a great job.  Even though it's just over a minute long they have great back and forth, the script is good and you get a couple of great character moments.  Even the kids do a pretty decent job with their thick Jersey accents.  I don't have much to say about this because it is so short other than this is why we need fan films.  This is made by a person who is passionate about the characters, comics and film making and that is obvious in everything done by Blinky.  This takes characters that will never see the light of day in pretty much anything other than the comics and puts them on a bigger stage and does it very well in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment